Monday, November 10, 2008

retreat



So I went to a staff retreat this weekend.  I love retreats.  I love the laughter, the games, the prayer, the connections made, the relationships strengthened, the things you hear from God, the inside jokes, the good food, playing mafia 3 times getting refreshed.  It was at an amazing house, complete with hidden rooms behind bookcases, beautiful scenery, fun idiosyncrasies, strange sounding toilets. 

During our times together the first 2 days, I listened as some had profound experiences, were refreshed,  received words from the Lord, had an awesome time alone.  

I got more and more agitated.  

Usually I have a great time at retreats, but every time I sat down to study or think my mind started racing.  Not racing with important, God things.  Small, menial things.  Things that aren't important.  I couldn't stop it.  Crappy. Frustrating. 

Later on Saturday, God gave me A LOT to process....words about my past and how it's shaped my thinking.... belonging....pastoral....prodigal son's brother....not all related ( I think ).   Anyway, I think this part of my life is really about working on who I am, working on my habits, attitudes, thoughts, feelings.  Ugh. I don't know which is worse...not hearing or actually hearing and having to work on things for a very, very long, long time.   

So here goes...

3 comments:

Anna said...

That's awesome Meg! I hate those times too where you hear from the Lord and he actually wants you to work on yourself! It's always hard but it's always good on the other end of things. :) Good luck!

Sarah said...

I do love when the Lord is working though..as hard as it is...
thanks for being in my life! and caring about me!
I love you friend:)

Jenna said...

i love you so much. thank you for who you are... and who you were to me on that retreat...

thank you for all you do meghan! it is so IMPACTFUL