Sunday, November 23, 2008

10 Things I'm thankful for this month...


I.
Going to Castle Lake with Jeremy and Marley...so beautiful. Also the argument Jeremy got into with a manager at a taco place on the way up. We got free nachos which were delicious....


II.
A couple days of rain, cuddling up on the couch with a book and a candy cane latte. I love rain more than any other type of weather.

III.
Beating Billy Brown (who writes blogs about playing poker), Matt Moseley (I heard he's pretty good at poker), and Jeremy (doesn't like playing games at all) at cards and winning $18. It was my second time ever playing poker. I guess having no strategy is a strategy after all...

IV.
Finding this fish-eye picture Emily took of us at a bowling alley. I don't know why I'm celebrating. I totally lost that day. I'm pretty sure I barely cleared a 70.

V.
My incredible friends in Redding and my amazing breakfast club, complete with stories, insight, and elephants revealed. Yum, breakfast. Every week I split delicious cream of wheat or a bowl of oatmeal with my friend Jenna. I wish I ordered the pastry above. Oh, Sarah & Jenna...Psalm 95:2..."let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song." I'll leave the music and song part to you though.
VI.
Beth Moore and Daniel and Danielle Fleck. Crazy learning times. Dreams and Visions. The definition of Submerting. Having friends you seek God with. Trusting Him fully with your life.
VII.
Yes, the "lame" Twilight Movie Premiere. I loved getting together with everyone, despite the fact that the movie could have been a little better and Jeremy almost gouged out his eyeballs. Can't wait for New Moon. Hehe.
VIII.
Tonight. Seeing a community come together for each other, the men calling each other out to fight for the women, the women calling each other to bring things into the light. People young and old telling their stories. Amazing. I've never felt more supported, encouraged, and a part of something great than I do right now.

IX.
Bend, OR. Sipping tons of Trader Joe's Chai Lattes with the fam. Taking walks in the bitter cold. Stuffing my body with a huge Thanksgiving meal (favorite dish: sweet potatoes covered in marshmallows). Hanging out with the nieces and nephew. Later I'll pass out in front of a guaranteed lame movie due to the excess
X.
Sleeping. Right now.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

yay so great!..but crap..I have a lot of thanking to do now to follow that up...I will I promise...dude..sweet potatoes and marshmellows is soo my ultimate favorite at thanksgiving too!...so great! I love you Meghan..and I love reading your blogs...see you Tuesday morning...haha and as I'm typing this I see you just left ME a comment...haha...love you.

Emily Branca said...

i am thankful for you meg. seriously, all joking aside, you are amazing. you have helped me grow SO MUCH as a leader and a woman of God. you have helped me dream and really see what it means to live your life for Christ. Thank you. i know you are probably shaking your head right now, but seriously, you are one person i thank Him for each night. love you

Juliette said...

So are you going to Bend for thankgiving or have you already gone? Cuz Nathan and I will be in Bend for thanksgiving too! Fun times :)
Oh and I loved this blog - it definitely got me thinking about the ten things I'm thankful for!

Emily Faulknor said...

Meghan, I love you and I am thankful for you and so thankful that you found that picture from the bowling alley as it gave me a smile today as very fond memories flooded back to me from that hilarious game. :) I miss being there with you. I miss seeing Twilight with, which I extremely enjoyed, and I miss going on dog walks with our children. :) I miss having you and Jeremy over for Christmas eve. But I am thankful to be with you for New Years! :) I love you and again, I am so thankful for your friendship. :) Oh and I am thankful for you finally posting some blogs. :)

Anna said...

Well I'm going to have to steal your idea because it's so great! I'm glad that you didn't mentioned that you also beat me and Heather at poker--you just made the guys look bad, AWESOME! And I have to say that Sweet Potatoes and marshmellos is my ultimate favorite Thanksgiving meal too!!! Every year that we are w/Matt's family I have to make it myself because it's not one of their traditional meals! So good... only 3 more days!

KalynRebecca said...

very encouraging blog. :) and happy.
and in response to your comment... seriously, just let me know when that room is open, I'm always up for dancing. ^.^

Emily Branca said...

Meg. a book. BRILLIANT idea. too bad i can't write worth beans... maybe YOU could write my story in the book... amazing.

Jenna said...

so...

i didn't know we were making the "lists" more like mini-novels...

now mine just looks lame.