Sunday, August 31, 2008

Vampires

When I'm on a roll, I'm on a roll...3 blogs in one month!!! I couldn't not write about this....

About 6 months ago, my sister-in-law, Erica, handed me a book "Twilight" and said "seriously, read this. it's so good. it's about vampires." I think my exact words (in my head) were "yeah, right. probably not." So 6 months this book has been sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust (sorry, Erica).
Two Saturdays ago I picked it up reluctantly and I read through the entire series in 9 days. I've been obsessed and completely void of a social life for 9 days. I can't think of anything else. I entered into an entirely different world of incredibly good looking vampires, compulsive werewolves, and clumsy humans, and now I can't seem to come back to "normal" everyday life. I poked myself with a knife while unloading the dishwasher and looked around to see if a vampire smelled my blood. If someone around me does something truly impressive and skillful, I've thought to myself, "I wonder if he/she is a vampire?" Am I going crazy? I hope not. I just need to transition into real life again.
It takes an amazing author to write a book that 1. you can't put down, 2. you can't think of anything else, 3. is clean, and 4. you have a time of mourning when it's done and immediately want to pick up the first book again. I've never been more infatuated with a book (or series) than I am with this one and I've never been more depressed when I finish (Erica, I will never doubt you again!). I don't want to ruin the book, so here's my advice: "Seriously, read this. It's so good. It's about vampires."

10 comments:

Juliette said...

Love them - only on #2 but having a great time reading them. I have to credit Heather Brown and a random 14 year old girl for recommending them :) I can't wait to see the movie!

Erica said...

If I could have stuck your nose in them sooner I would. I am so glad we can see the movie together we may be in Bend. That will be fun.

KalynRebecca said...

I haven't convinced myself to read those books yet. They usually get rave reviews, but the whole vampire thing creeps me out. We'll see.

JUAN said...

The Lost Boys... great vampire movie...

Becky Moseley said...

Okay, okay. I think you just convinced me to give them a try. Heather's been talking about them for a while, but I was pretty skeptical. I guess I'll just have to see for myself... If I disappear for nine days, you'll know I got hooked.

amy coverdale said...

man.. I was totally going to tell you to rent Lost Boys...but I see Juan beat me to it....great minds think alike. it's the best 80's vampire movie out there...

Billy Matthews said...

Just checked out your blog. Great photos. My wife read those books too. Its crazy, Erin can read a book in about 43 minutes. Jonas and Lilly sai "hello". Say hi to Jeremy for us.

Emily Faulknor said...

Ok, Meg, time for a new blog post! :)

JUAN said...

I agree with emily...

First it was Alien Kitty Cat..

Now a blasphemous book on vampires.

haha..

Jenna said...

i am going to take those books from you and burn them...

in my dorm room!