Saturday, August 30, 2008

Farewell for now, sweet friends


Goodbyes are so hard. I cried 3 times when I heard that 2 of our best friends and Marley's BFF were leaving Redding, and I've cried 5 times this week. Em and Brett were really the first couple we started hanging out with after moving to Redding. They are the kind of friends you call to come over and have a chill night, to play games with, to mix drinks with, to plan parties with, to go bowling, to BBQ with, to laugh with, to have a lot in common with, to have a dog that your dog is best friends with, to share holidays with, to cry, to reminisce, to pray, to ask advice, to jam with, to worship with, to be comfortable with, to eat sushi with, to take pictures of everyone and their dog. My heart is happy for them to begin this new adventure in San Diego, to be just the two of them again, to be happy in their jobs, to have better opportunities, to meet new friends. I will miss them terribly at the same time. I know (thanks to everyone that WILL be hiring Em to do their weddings, baby, engagement, and family pics) that Em will be back quite often (I WILL be threatening your life if you do not hire her), but that doesn't fill the humongous void there will be day to day. Their presence here the last few years has changed lives, has ministered to so many, and has brought a joy to each of us. I'll miss you terribly, Brett and Emily and Teryx, but I wish you the best in SD and you better get a blow-up mattress because Jeremy and Marley and I will be on our way to visit in a couple days (haha).
Here's to the last few years of laughter, tears, puppies, house projects, Moscato, the Stirring, bowling, holidays, and FRIENDS FOREVER. . .

Christmas and pink Santa Hats...

Delicious...

Happy New Year's before Brett passed out...
Happy New Year's AFTER Brett passed out...

Birthdays, Grad Parties, and big lips.... Marley and Teryx- BFF's...
Merch girls....



Sunbathing @40 degrees for fame (at least we had donuts and coffee).....Photo shoots and nutritious foods...


San Clemente, boogie boards, and bloody noses....
All the girls.....


Aren't you proud of me, Em? I will get better at blogging...just for you!

6 comments:

Juliette said...

That was sweet. I liked looking at the pictures of you guys! And I'm excited that you'll be getting better at blogging for Emily's sake - I'll enjoy reading them too!

sarah said...

Sniff sniff...

Becky Moseley said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys really "click". How precious.

Anonymous said...

Dude its so crazy that they're gone...but I know that its not goodbye. I dunno Meg I guess we're just going to have to take frequent road trips and plane rides to go see Em :) Anyways I love you so much. Your such an awesome friend!!!

Candace said...

When I first heard that Brett and Emily were leaving, my first thought was, "What's Meghan gonna do?" I know you two are like sisters (the kind that get along really well) so this has to be rough for you. It's a good thing you've got that crazy girl, Kristena to keep you company and keep you laughing! ;)

Emily Faulknor said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Meghan, you are so sweet!! Here I am! :) Thank you so much for this post, you brought the biggest smile to my face and heart. I love you so so dearly and I miss you terribly. You know you are always welcome here to crash at any time. I will always be your twin, nothing can and ever will change that. :) I love you!