Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Today

I woke up today looking forward to my day off. I had a massage, did a little shopping, got groceries, worked out. I also took Zoe to the vet. She peed on my bed (Yay) yesterday and I found crystals (UTI symptom). I think the vet made a mistake and gave me horse pills for my little sick cat. It took my 15 minutes to try to shove the horse pill down her throat, along with a syringe of water. In the end, I was super frustrated and winded. Zoe is not a cat to lay down and have me shove a pill down her throat. She's a fighter. This is I-booth Zoe ...Tonight in my second attempt accomplish this seeming impossible task by myself, I ended up crying, my arms were torn up, I dropped some choice words, and the pill is not being dissolved in a tummy-it's on my counter and kind of gummy. And I'm pretty sure Zoe is traumatized for life. She will never be the same. Sooooo.....tomorrow I will go back to the vet and ask him if he had in fact mistaken my 10 pound cat for a 4000 pound horse.

11 comments:

JUAN said...

I'm surprised the vet didn't tell you to crush the pill or break the capsule and mix it with wet food...

or he could give you that nifty pill gun thing I had to use on my dog.... I found that combining them with food is the best.. worked every time..

I'm not experienced as a pet owner anymore.. my dog passed away last year.. she was 14..(human years)...

Becky Moseley said...

At least shopping was fun! That whole taking-advantage-of-Marty's-discount-while-he-still-has-it mentality. We should do it again sometime.

Emily Branca said...

ug, i'm so sorry meghan! i have my fair share of scars from rocky fighting back. Maybe I could help you a little the next time you attempt the pills. I hold her down, you force 'em down?

Anonymous said...

LOL! I laughed so hard about the pill ending up on the counter. We had to give Abner pills, and they were tiny but he still wouldn't take them. We'd work them down his throat and think it was all good and then he'd give a little cough and they'd just spring out of his mouth. Naughty!
I hope your vet gives you something that works!
xoxo

Juliette said...

I came to your blog to see your pick of the little white kitty - too cute, so we'll definitely be checking her out! And then I saw this blog about Zoe - oh man, I know that feeling. After a month and half of feeding Zeta with a syringe, giving her antibiotic pills, etc. etc. I can say that it gets easier. I'll have to get an update and see how Zoe is doing now!

Josh H. said...

hey meghan,
nothing to do with your blog but will you be heading up to tomfest with the boys? hope you and jeremy are well.
-josh

Anonymous said...

Hey meg.. thanks, you have no idea how encouraging you are! I will send you that photo... if you write another blog... seriously.. Whats the point of having a blog if you dont use it? .... ps.. your cat looks funny in this photo...

JUAN said...

I agree with Jeremy 100%

I'm tired of seeing the Alien version of your kitty cat....

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

i'd like to be one of your blogger friends. because if you're not someone's blogger friend--you're nothing!
(that should totally be our life-group motto)

JUAN said...

I like to stop in and focus in on the eyes of the alien kitty cat.. I think I'm going to travel to a third world country and convince a tribe that its god.... I'll then come back to the states and scam everyone for millions of dollars, making them think I'm using their money to reach the lost through alien kitty cat.. BUAH HA HA HA HA!!